The Blender Foundation and online developer community announced Blender 2.78 is released! This release aims to be a very stable one, so that developers can focus better on Blender 2.8 work. Here are some of the highlights:
- Spherical Stereo images rendering support for VR
- Grease Pencil is now a full 2D drawing & animation tool!
- Viewport Rendering improvements
- New Freehand curves drawing over surfaces!
- Bendy Bones, powerful new options for B-Bones
- Alembic support: import/export basic operators
- Cloth Physics: new Dynamic Base Mesh and Simulation Speed option
- New Add-ons, individual preferences, Python APIs changes, and a lot of new & updated add-ons!
- Many more features, improvements and the usual huge bug-fixes list
Blender 2.78 is out with some great new features and updates!
Download Blender 2.78 here
Tina by Nazar Noschenko using Blender