PS4 Pro specs:
- Main processor: Custom-chip single Processor
- CPU: x86-64 AMD "Jaguar," 8 cores
- GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB 1GB of VRAM
- Storage size: 1TB
- External dimensions: Approx. 295×55×327 mm (width × height × length) (excludes largest projection)
- Mass: Approx. 3.3 kg
- BD/DVD Drive: BD × 6 CAV, DVD × 8 CAV
- Input/Output: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen.1) port × 3, AUX port × 1
- Networking: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)×1, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE)
- Power: AC 100V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: Max. 310W
- Operating temp: 5ºC – 35ºC
- AV Output: HDMI out port (supports 4K/HDR) DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) port
- PS4 Pro release date: 10th November
- PS4 Pro price: £349 from Amazon.co.uk | $399 from Amazon.com
- PS4 Pro specs: More 2x faster AMD GPU, faster CPU and HDR support
For newcomers to the world of PlayStation, PlayStation VR neophytes and 4K HDR TV owners, buying the PlayStation 4 Pro is an easy decision. However, for everyone else, there’s a chance the Pro’s benefits aren’t worth the extra cost.
Deals and Coupons get here >>>
FIFA 17 - PlayStation 4
The PlayStation 4 Pro represents a new move for Sony. While the company has refreshed many of its consoles before, the PS4 Pro marks the first time a mid-generational design has received a significant boost in processing power. Sony says that the Pro was primarily designed to take advantage of burgeoning 4K TVs, but is it powerful enough? More importantly, is it worth it? Let’s find out.
Sony's mid-generation refresh analysed in depth.
The PS4 Pro is powerful, but lack of uniform support holds it back a bit.
Sony’s souped-up PS4 Pro is amazing for 4K TV owners
A bigger hard drive, 4K gaming and HDR support - but is Sony's new console worth upgrading for?
Another new PlayStation console arrives this week, but is it an essential upgrade?
The PlayStation 4 Pro shows just how good videogames can look on 4K HDR TVs—but is it worth the price if you don’t have a fancy set?
PS4 Pro vs PS4: Everything you need to know about the PS4 Pro compared to its predecessor and which one is right for you.
Worth buying on day one?
PlayStation 4 500GB Console - Uncharted 4 Limited Edition Bundle
Playstation 4 Console (Certified Refurbished)
PlayStation 4 Platinum Wireless Headset
PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Console + Extra Controller Bundle
Price: $299.00 & FREE Shipping.
Price: $399.99 & FREE Shipping.
Price: $399.00 & FREE Shipping
Vktech 3310924 Front Back Housing Cover for PS4 Controller - Gold Plating
The Internet is alarmed by claims that Nvidia is spying on users with Geforce Experience; Reviews for Sony's PS4 Pro go up; Digital Foundry launches their own 4K video platform. Plus, Quick Bits!
Should you buy the PS4 Pro? Sony’s supercharged system launches on 10th November, and in this pre review, we discuss our impressions after a weekend spend fiddling with the format itself. But how does the hardware hold up? Do the games look any better? And do you need a 4K television to see the improvements – or do things look good on a 1080p screen, too?
Say it ain't so, reviewers! We were all amped up to spray Sony with our money and now this. Maybe if we look hard enough we can find a reason to buy it anyway.